In order to proactively prevent epidemics in the coming time, especially in the last months of the year, the Ministry of Health organizes "Online Conference on disease prevention, vaccination and vaccination safety in the year 2019 ”, specifically for the provincial, district and commune levels in the direction of" hands-on work ", focusing on:
1. Technical guidance on surveillance, treatment and prevention of dengue fever, hand, foot and mouth disease.
2. Guide to update the treatment regimen for dengue patients for children and treatment regimens for dengue patients for adults.
3. Guidance on safe vaccination and instructions on handling and emergency cases of complications after vaccination.
The Ministry of Health recommends that people and communities take initiative in implementing preventive measures:
In order to effectively prevent dengue fever, it is necessary to join hands of authorities at all levels, departments, socio-political organizations and especially every citizen in the community to be aware of responsibility and voluntarily implement the simple preventive measures at the household with the aim of "No larvae, no dengue fever".
The Ministry of Health recommends to all people, each household actively takes the following measures to prevent disease:
- Cover all water containers to prevent mosquitoes from laying eggs.
- Every week take measures to kill larvae / bugs by dropping fish into large water containers; wash small and medium water containers, turn over water-free tools; replace flower vase / flower vase; Put salt or oil in a bowl of water to show your feet.
- Removal of waste materials, natural water holes for mosquitoes to not lay eggs such as bottles, jars, bottles, coconut shells, broken pieces, old tires / tires, bamboo holes, sheaths ...
- Sleep in the curtain, wear long clothes for mosquito bites even during the day.
- Actively coordinate with the Health Sector during the spraying of preventive chemicals.
- When having a fever, hemorrhage ... immediately go to a medical facility for examination and treatment. Do not arbitrarily treat at home.
2. To prevent hand, foot and mouth disease:
- Wash your hands often with soap under running water several times a day (both adults and children), especially before preparing food, before eating / feeding, before holding your baby, after going hygiene, after changing diapers and cleaning children.
- Good hygiene and eating practices: cooked and cooked; eating utensils must be cleaned before use (preferably soaked in boiling water); ensuring the use of clean water in daily life; not feeding food to children; Do not let children eat, suck, suck on toys; Do not allow children to share napkins, handkerchiefs, eating utensils such as unpasteurized cups, bowls, plates, spoons and toys.
- Regularly clean surfaces, daily contact tools such as toys, school supplies, door handles, stair railings, table / chair surfaces, floors with soap or regular detergents.
- Do not expose children to patients who are ill or suspected to be infected.
- Use of hygienic latrines, faeces and patient wastes must be collected and discharged into hygienic latrines.
- When detecting a child with signs of suspected disease, he / she should go to the doctor or immediately notify the nearest medical agency. cơ quan y tế gần nhất.
3. The Ministry of Health recommends that people and communities should implement well on vaccination and safe vaccination:
- Families take children to vaccination on schedule, strictly follow the instructions of health workers to take care and monitor reactions after vaccination. Mothers should proactively inform their children about their current health status such as children who are sick, taking medication, a history of special allergies that have a strong reaction to previous vaccinations such as high fever, fussing and crying. long, rash, swollen injection area.
- After vaccination, the children should stay at the vaccination site for 30 minutes so that the health workers can monitor and promptly manage if there are unusual reactions. Continue to monitor children regularly at home within 1-2 days after vaccination of signs: spirit; dinking mother milk; eat; sleep; breathe; temperature; rash; reactions at the injection site ... to detect abnormal health signs early. If the child has a fever, need a thermocouple and monitor, use fever-reducing medicine for the child as directed by a health worker.
- When children have abnormal health manifestations such as: fever of 39 degrees or more, convulsions, rash, crying, cyanosis, difficulty breathing, tightness, fatigue, poor feeding, breast-feeding ... right Take your child right to the nearest medical facility for examination and treatment.
- If parents are not assured of their child's health after vaccination, see a health worker for examination and counseling.